Intro

Intro

A little about outlrselves and the purpose of this blog. As the page suggests - it will be about our travels... as a family.

Our baby KJ was a preemie, by 10 weeks. She was in NICU for 30 days without any significant incident (there was one incident where I tried to tell the per diem  nurse the incubator heat was too high, but she didn't listen - and a few hours later we received a phone call that my baby had a fever and they were going to run a series of poking and prodding tests and  turn off the incubator tonhelp keep her temp down.  SURPRISE! Baby was fine, temp was back to normal, and my baby got a few extra holes in her because the nurse didn't listen.).

Anyway, I have loved traveling since I was a child. I dreamt of the day my mother let me do air travel solo, where those nice flight attendants would give you special attention because you were an unaccompanied minor. In my childhood, I traveled a fair amount.  Within the state - San Diego, Tahoe, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Monterey, Sacramento, Santa Barbara... pretty much every major city.  Within the country - Vegas, Nevada; Oahu, Hawaii;, Tahoe, Nevada; Arizona; Utah; Colorado; Washington; and Florida. Internationally - China, Taiwan, Canada, and Mexico.

I want to provide my children with the same opportunities. I've been able to take the boys (step, and grown now) to Tahoe, Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco, and Kauai.

When the Hubs and I started dating, we planned our first "October" trip to Maui. This became an annual thing, taking place between our birthdays 9/20 and 10/20, and so-named, the "October Trip", traditionally for just us two. Thus far, our October Trips have been to Maui, Fiji, and Paris.

This year, our October Trip includes our newest addition, Baby KJ. As she's still an infant, flies for free, and I still have baby fever - we are taking her on our October Trip to Maui. Yikes - daunting experience. But many parents do it and so will we. However, in preparation for this trip, and as a norm, we will start to take mini trips.

This blog is meant to document these travels along with future travels and experiences as a traveling family.

Comments